Thursday, July 12, 2018

Dreams Can Come True!

Keep the Dream Alive.

Money. Isn't that where it always starts and ends. So many dreams are lost due to this little five letter word. And we shouldn't forget about "Peer Pressure."


The fact that people lose sight of their dreams because of money, family, friends, responsibilities and yes, guilt, is one of the saddest realities we have.




Here's a story - My father and I were far from close. We rarely spoke, about anything. I didn't know him well and he certainly didn't know me. When I was in my second year of college at Jackson Community College, I should mention that my major was dance, and I was good, so good that I was in 9 of the 11 performances at the year-end dance concert. My father stayed home.

The next year I transferred to New York University, and as luck would have it, I choreographed a piece for the Bi-Weekly show that they presented. My parents, yes including my father, flew out to NYC, from Michigan, to watch me dance for three minutes. Yes, I was happy that they showed. And amazed that he was there. I never understood why he would show up for one and not the other, but hey, he showed. And yes, I went on to dance and did well. But because of parental pressure and illness, I came home.

One Dream Lost!

Next up - I found a love of writing and then created a dream to write a book. Long story short - four books and four short stories later, I now have two more books coming out this year as well as have my own publishing company.

The rod in the cog - yep it's there.

The question is, will I allow this rod to actually stop the cogs from turning.

The answer?

NO!

The theme of this blog - Never give up on yourself or your dreams. 


The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. 

- Steve Jobs





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you taken a moment to check out the most recent issue of  The Scribe or Horror magazines. The Scribe Magazine - October 2020 Issue $1...